All You Need to Know About a Professional Licence in Dubai
Dubai is one of the most sought after destinations for the global business community for its favourable environment for the investors to set up a company. However, to start a business in Dubai or any other emirates of the UAE, you will need a valid licence. In Dubai (UAE), you have the option to choose from three types of licences, for different businesses:
- The commercial licence: Issued to companies that engage in trading and services
- The industrial licence: Issued to businesses that engage in manufacturing activities
- The professional licence: Issued to service providers, consultants, advisors, designers, artisans and craftsmen
Below we will discuss how to obtain a professional licence in Dubai.
What is a Professional Licence?
A professional licence in Dubai (UAE) allows 100% ownership to expatriates. It permits them the benefits of a sole proprietorship. It is issued to businesses seeking to engage in service-oriented activities. It is also provided to skilled and professionally trained individuals with professional degrees who hold significant experience in a particular occupation.
To obtain a professional licence in Dubai, you will have to approach the Department of Economic Development (DED). However, if you find the process confusing and cumbersome, you can always hire a professional business setup consultant to manage it for you.
Activities That You Can Perform Under Professional Licence in Dubai.
Some of the activities that you can undertake under a professional Licence are:
- Beauty salons
- Consultancy services
- Computer graphic design service
- Document clearing
- IT Services
- Inventive engineering
- Medical services
- Printing and publishing
- Repair services
- Security services
How to Get a Professional Licence in Dubai?
To start the process of obtaining a professional licence, you will first need to determine the business activities you want to undertake in your business. Then appoint a local service agent responsible for looking over all the legal formalities to ready your document for a professional Licence in Dubai. Next, get initial approval from the DED. Besides, you will require determining a name for the business, making payments for the same, and finally, submitting all the required documents to the DED for approval.
Procedure to Get a Professional Licence in Dubai
Applicants need to follow the below-mentioned steps to obtain a professional licence.
- First, ensure you have put all the necessary papers and documents in one place.
- Fill out the local service contract form with the UAE national from a local translator and get it attested from a public notary.
- A legal translator seal is not needed if the contract is in Arabic.
- Draft a Memorandum of Association (MOA) with the sponsor
- Add the sponsor’s previous fee in the contract document.
- You need to fill out an additional application form for a civil company licence and get it attested.
- All the partners/owners need to visit the notary to sign the court agreement.
- Obtain approval from the municipality for the tenancy contract
- Submit all the forms with attestation (one original copy each)
- Submit passport copies of owner/partners and NOC for expatriate owner/partners (if any) at any branch of the DED
- A payment voucher would be issued; make payment at the counter and receive the licence.
Documents You Need to Obtain a Professional Licence in Dubai
- Filled application form to obtain a professional licence.
- Copies of the passports of owners/partners
- Copy of local partner’s naturalization book (Jinsiya)
- A No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from sponsors for foreign partners if the ex-pat is already on an employment visa.
- If the shareholder is on a visit visa, their UID number is necessary.
- The foreign partners need to submit a copy of the visit, tourist or transit visa.
- Initial approval from the concerned bodies and authorities, depending on the type of activity you will engage in (e.g., the Municipality, RTA, National Media Council, etc.)
Necessary Documents to Submit Tenancy Agreement with Dubai Municipality
- A prescribed application form (BR1 form)
- The name reservation certificate
- Initial approval from the DED
- Rental contract
- Ejari registration
Cost of Professional Licence in Dubai
The cost of a professional Licence in Dubai depends on the below-listed factors:
- Professional Licence fees
- Service agent fees
- Trade name fees
- Market fees (depending upon the tenancy amount)
- Administrative service fees
- Government cultural fees
- Local fees, etc.
A business setup or a trade Licence consultant can help you calculate the correct cost of obtaining a professional licence.
Let Us Help You Obtain Your Professional Licence in Dubai (UAE)
If you are looking for a professional Licence in Dubai (UAE), you must follow a few simple steps. First, you will need to provide proof of your professional skills in the form of certificates to the concerned authorities. However, if you find the process of obtaining a professional licence and business setup very tiring and complicated, you need not worry. You can contact us for assistance with all services starting from trade licence, business licence, company registration, business setup and office for rent solutions. We would be more than happy to offer you a smooth and hassle-free service.